Friday, January 20, 2006

 

How Racist and Sexist Are You?

This is interesting. Try taking these tests to determine how racist and sexist you are. Apparently, I have a slight automatic preference for white people. Which is a little embarrasing, but they say that two-thirds of white people display a strong to moderate preference for whites and that even half of blacks display a slight or stronger preference for whites. So I guess that's about as good as a white guy could hope to do.

As for sexism, interestingly enough I joined only 5% of the popultion by slightly associating female more with career than family. Two-thirds of the popultion strongly to moderately associates male with career and female with family. See what you've done to me Amy? I'm now sexist against men apparently. Sheesh.

Here's the test. Let me know how you do.

http://www.understandingprejudice.org/iat/index2.htm

Comments:
el christian love ministries drug rehab north carolina es algo que no importar�a el o�r m�s alrededor.Chiao, Josue christian love ministries drug rehab north carolina
 
i'm a little skeptical, but open-minded about these sorts of things. i took it and was slightly oriented to white folks and slightly associated women with family or whatever. i tried it several times, changing several things like the opening questions and then randomly hitting the keys. they have programmed a guard against randomization tests - if you have too many wrong answers it won't give you a score. i wonder how people if different cultures who are socialized differently score. there was an interesting program on pbs last week about how our culture socializes boys compared to girls. very interesting.
 
sorry,

I'm not buying it!
Do I prefer black or white people for what?
Do I have warm feelings for black or white people for what?

F.W.
 
ACK! Ann is going to kill me.

Supposedly I'm a moderate connection between career and male, but I think it's just hard to change name associations once you get something fixed in your head.

I blame society, anyway.

-Doc Evil
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?