Tuesday, January 10, 2006

 

A TVF Auction: Digital 8-Track

Hey, I got my home recording studio tricked out this Christmas. Thanks to the lovely and talented AMY. I gots me a Tascam 8-track with a 40 gig hard drive and a Groove Tubes GT-55 condensor mic that is INCREDIBLE and very good, studio-quality Sony headphones for monitoring and mixing.

With this upgrade, I'm looking to sell my Fostex 8-track. I've had it for a little over a year and it is in perfect condition. It uses Flash card media and came with a 128 meg card. I also bought a 512 meg card for it, which would come with it. Most Flash cards are incompatible with it, so it won't work with most standard ones you may have lying around the house for digital cameras or something. The 512 meg card holds 92 minutes of music and if you linearly interpolate, the 128 meg holds 23 minutes. For all practical purposes you can record about 1 song on the 128 and about 4 songs at a time on the 512 (this assumes roughly a 4 minute song with 4 or 5 tracks).

I've still got the owner's manual for it (I think I can find it) and it comes with a power adaptor. I'd be willing to work my Shure SM-48 dynamic microphone into the deal if so desired. With this package all you would need is a mic cord, mic stand, and some headphones to begin your own home recording!! Oh, and maybe an instrument or two and the ability to play them (optional).

Here's the product page for it at Musician's Friend ($249):
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=rec/search/detail/base_pid/240239/
Here's the Flash card ($89):
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=rec/search/detail/base_pid/700636/
Here's my mic ($69):
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=rec/search/detail/base_pid/270105/

The 8-track and 512 meg card I'd sell for $220. If you happen to want the mic too, say $260.

This is an extremely easy and cheap way to start recording music.

Let me know if you or someone you know might be interested or have questions. Musical trades considered. (I'd like this to fund the purchase of an autoharp or bass guitar to add to my repertoire)

Comments:
i'll forward this to a potential buyer.
 
Thanks man.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?